Pages - Menu

Minggu, 13 November 2016

[REOPENING] The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Plaza Indonesia


Hi Eaters.

It was a packed-up, full-scheduled Saturday for me since most of the food tasting invitations which were supposed to be held the previous Saturday had to be postponed to the next week due to the demo rally. I had to list amongst the invitations, which one goes after which one. Yes, this kind of situation feels rather difficult sometimes because I know there are quite a number of places I certainly don't wanna miss to visit, such as this one: The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf at Plaza Indonesia.




If you had never know any information about The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, well, here's a short brief about it.

"The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (sometimes shortened to simply "Coffee Bean" or "The Coffee Bean") is an American coffee chain by Herbert Hyman in September 1963, as a coffee service for offices. It is owned and operated by International Coffee & Tea, LLC, which has its corporate headquarters in Los Angeles, California. As of August 2015, the chain has over 1000 self-owned and franchised stores in the United States and 24 other countries.
The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Indonesia was established in 2001 and was managed by PT. TRANS COFFEE which is a subsidiary of Transcorp since 2006. Transcorp is an Indonesian corporation which has large numbers of successful businesses in media, entertainment, fashion, retail as well as Food & Beverage while under the leadership of Chairul Tandjung. One of PT. TRANS Coffee’s core objectives is to be a leader in Indonesia’s Food & Beverage industry.

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf is introducing a new concept to our stores, which will allow customers to enjoy high quality coffee & tea drinks more comfortably. The first store which adopts the new concept can be found at Central Park Mall, West Jakarta on December 21st, 2011. Lotte Mall Bintaro soon followed at December 22nd, 2011 as well as Ciputra World, Surabaya at December 23rd, 2011. The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf currently has 108 stores all over Indonesia."











I visited their new reopened outlet at Plaza Indonesia. If you have ever visited this outlet before then you'll notice that this outlet has moved from its previous place just not far away across. It's better, I think, since now the new reopened outlet has an outdoor area so it can cater better for customers who smoke cigarettes. 
The interior still as many other Coffee Bean outlets, offers a vibrant and youthful ambience. Though the place couldn't accomodate too many customers but yet I still think it's quite comfortable.

Besides taking a look of their fresh new outlet, I also had the chance to try some of the food. As you know, I am a die hard coffeeholic. And I certainly loved visiting coffee shops. Yet that day I didn't try any coffee (sigh..) but nevertheless there are some food I think were worthy to try.

Cakalang Roll - IDR 49K


This first one is the Cakalang (skipjack tuna) Roll. In Indonesia, this kind of fish is known to be cooked spicy. So hearing the menu's name: Cakalang, my hopes were expecting it to be quite spicy. But yet, the spiciness was fine. You shouldn't worry it'll burn your tongue out. The taste was on spot for me, and the puff pastry was also my cup of tea. But IMHO the price tag is a little too high.

Chicago Cheesecake - IDR 40K

This one is DA BOMB! Sooo good! Well, maybe I just said it out loud cause I'm a big fan od cheesecake compared to any other. But, to be honest, hands down, this is so soo good!
The cake is creamy, moist, and the cheese is soooo delicious!!
40K is so so so sooo worth it for this baby!

Teriyaki Tori Burger - IDR 65K


Burger with deep-fried chicken breast drenched in teriyaki sauce filling. This one tasted quite good. The chicken was cooked perfectly, and I must say the sauce is quite nice. But still, with a tag of 65K I was expecting more on the plate. Maybe some salad or french fries to accompany the burger. The Lays potato chips were okay (I mean, who wouldn't say no to Lays?) but to fit the tag I do consider (and recommend) more condiments.

Green Tea Cappuccino - IDR 35K


Green tea lately has become a booming trend (again) and I think most people do love green tea in their respective ways. I, myself, like green tea as it should have been. A bit bitter as it is, the better it gets. This one, actually, was a little too sweet for me. It's not my cup of tea. And frankly I always loved my cappuccino not to be sweet. So maybe this is more perfectly to be called frappuccino? Well, you decide yourself.


Deciding one's taste is never easy since food must accomodate many palates. But sincerely I think that food must stick to its origin.
In a nutshell, I do still consider The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf as one of the spot to leisure and have a cup of coffee or tea. That cheesecake would be my ultimate prey if I should visit this place again.

Keep on chewing!


Jazzy Dee


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
Plaza Indonesia Unit L1 #102-103, Ground Floor
Phone: (021) 39838778
Jl. MH. Thamrin No. 28-30, Jakarta Pusat
https://www.google.co.id/maps/dir/''/The+Coffee+Bean+%26+Tea+Leaf,+Plaza+Indonesia,+Plaza+Indonesia+Lantai+1%2FF103,+Jl.+M.H.+Thamrin+No.28-30,+Kota+Jakarta+Pusat,+Daerah+Khusus+Ibukota+Jakarta+10350/@-6.1938413,106.7524525,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x2e69f42146feedb1:0xd965f31950c2f510!2m2!1d106.8224931!2d-6.1938459

3 komentar: